x86 c++ exception handling

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Fri Sep 11 14:06:06 UTC 2020

On 9/11/20 3:13 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> FWIW i386 is an 80s CPU introduced in 1985. i486 was introduced
> in 1989. The Pentium was 1993. Remember It's All About the Pentium!
> Pentium II was 1997 and first with SMP but maybe not setting the baseline
> we want.

What about to support in master what man can currently purchase? If so,
then based on my limited research it looks like the cpu family
(orderable) goes back to 2016/2015 which support architecture of more or
less NetBurst uarch isn set (both intel and amd).

One exception found is Vertex86 cpus which still sells and boards are
available and which are compatible only with i586/p5 from as you noted
1993...

Karel