running pc686 samples on QEMU on RTEMS 5.1?

Cudmore, Alan P. (GSFC-5820) alan.p.cudmore at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 23 21:02:26 UTC 2020

NASA’s Core Flight System open source bundle has support for the RTEMS 4.11 pc686 BSP.
RTEMS is built with the following options:
../rtems/configure --target=i386-rtems4.11 \
    --enable-rtemsbsp=pc686 \
    --prefix=${HOME}/rtems-4.11 \
    --enable-networking \
    --enable-cxx \
    --disable-posix \
    --disable-deprecated \
    BSP_ENABLE_VGA=0 \
    CLOCK_DRIVER_USE_TSC=1 \
    USE_COM1_AS_CONSOLE=1 \
    BSP_PRESS_KEY_FOR_RESET=0 \
    BSP_RESET_BOARD_AT_EXIT=1

And the code (or samples such as ticker) are run with the following QEMU command:

qemu-system-i386 -m 128 \

    -kernel core-cpu1.exe \

    -drive file=fat:rw:${INSTALL_DIR}/cpu1,format=raw \

    -nographic \

    -no-reboot

(Where core-cpu1.exe is the cross compiled application. I can also run ticker.exe and other samples with this command )

When I build the pc686 BSP with the same examples and try running on QEMU with the same options, QEMU returns immediately.

Is there a different set of options I should use for the pc686 BSP on RTEMS 5.1?

Thanks,
Alan