Purpose of rtems_device_driver?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Sep 29 13:42:18 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 8:37 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> I work currently on the documentation of the IO Manager. What is the
> purpose of
>
> typedef rtems_status_code rtems_device_driver;
>
> ?
>
> For me this looks a bit like camouflage.

No. It is a use of typedef to make the purpose of the method clear.

You have nibbled at these for years. There were at least types for
Classic Tasks, ASRs, and TSRs at one point.

If this is the last one, I'm not going to fight it. This isn't the hill I am
going to die on.

--joel