GSOC project: #4272 BSP Executable Conversion

Ayushman Mishra ayushvidushi01 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 16:57:44 UTC 2021

Respected Sir,
I went through project description https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4272
(BSP Executable Conversion) and wanted to take it as GSOC project.
I know python programming ,shell scripting and after working a little
bit on project #4334 "Replace Mongoose with Civetweb" (in which I am
not able to proceed further) I have gained some knowledge about bsp
build system in rtems6.
I have already build tools and bsp xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu  on rtems5 and
rtems6 and package libbsd for bsp erc32 and xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu.

Also, I have a few doubts regarding project "BSP Executable Conversion" :
1. In description its written to make a command "rtems-exe-convert" ,
I wanted to ask what will be the actual function of this command like
after capturing the commands and logic for converting 'RTEMS
executable format' will it create a boot-loader for specific bsp and
provide it with 'RTEMS executable format' ?,
and also I wanted to ask what is need for this command (or this
project in general) and how will it affect the present building
procedure of rtems?
(like first building the specific tools then installing the particular bsp)

2. I have build 2 BSP in simulation but wanted to ask are all BSPs
available in rtems able to perfectly build in simulation or do I need
some specific hardware for any BSP.
I would be very thankful if you can please clarify my above doubts and
provide a little guidance about this project.
Thanks, Ayushman