Ticket#3889 updated

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Apr 5 16:23:35 UTC 2021

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 4:04 PM zack_on_the_speed_chanel
<zack_on_the_speed_chanel at protonmail.ch> wrote:

> Thanks so much I was able to get it working! I was able to modify the test code and i was able to create the clock with the  clock monotonic.
>
> I basically changed the the clock create argument to CLOCK_MONOTONIC which should test the branch. During test it failed at
>

>   puts( "timer_create - OK" );
>   status = timer_create( CLOCK_MONOTONIC, NULL, &timer );
>   posix_service_failed( status, "timer_create OK" );
> which  gave me the error of   FAILED -- errno (22 - Invalid argument)
>

> I only see a case in psxcreatetimer.c for CLOCK_REALTIME which could be that it's just unimplimented.
>

> My question is there anything I overlooked for this issue? I think the only thing was to change the create argument? Also if this is the extent of the code that that has to be test I'm thinking just to add it into the exiting psxtimer02.c file.

It is preferable that each test provides somewhat self-contained
API/feature testing so that we can easier isolate what is
broken/missing.

In general, the first step toward implementing features in RTEMS is to
create/submit a test case. then follow a test-driven development
approach to implement features until the test works. We don't always
merge broken tests though for unimplemented features.

> Also for coverage testing I was not able to get to test it due to a error: symbol parser write failed for score error.

Alex may be able to help you with running coverage. It has been
undergoing heavy revision lately.