#3860 - GSoC enquiries

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 7 08:51:01 UTC 2021

On 07/04/2021 09:03, Chris Johns wrote:

> Would it be pragmatic to review these cases and change the standard?

I sent a patch to review the format changes done by clang-format recently:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2021-April/066311.html

It doesn't look that bad from my point of view. Fixing the alignment
issue would make it even better:

https://reviews.llvm.org/D27651

> I understand the long history but as you point out we either invest in the tools
> to support the format, we change what we have or we manage it manually.
I would prefer to change the style and use a widely used formatting
tool. I think we spend to much time on the coding style in reviews. This
is quite bad since we are all busy with all sorts of things and our time
is better spent on more important tasks. A consistently formatted source
code is very important, but enforcing this style manually is a waste of
time.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER