OS Neutrality in Python Development Guidelines?

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Apr 15 20:58:58 UTC 2021

Hello all,

To revisit a little bit of a controversial subject :) The Python
Development Guidelines have been in place now for a little while, but
one thing that seems to have been missed entirely is guidance on
writing Python code that is OS-neutral. This mostly matters if someone
wants to try to run Python on Windows.

I guess we should define something to add here? Is anything written
somewhere we can adopt?

Was this considered at all under the pre-qual effort (which stimulated
these guidelines in the first place)? Do we have a Windows blind spot
in our Python code bases?

Gedare