OS Neutrality in Python Development Guidelines?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 16 05:28:59 UTC 2021

Hello Gedare,

On 15/04/2021 22:58, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I guess we should define something to add here? Is anything written
> somewhere we can adopt?
the spirit of the Python guide is to have rules which are enforced by
tools. If a certain component should run on platform X, then I think
some CI system should be in place which runs the test suite on platform X.

> Was this considered at all under the pre-qual effort (which stimulated
> these guidelines in the first place)? Do we have a Windows blind spot
> in our Python code bases?
The Python modules in rtems-central should run on Windows, however, I
never tested this.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER