GSOC 2021: USB Device Drivers - Beaglebone Black

Ahamed Husni ahamedhusni73 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:22:15 UTC 2021

Hello Kevin,

I'm working on porting the CDC Serial device driver to beagle.
(RTEMS is the device and Linux as host)
I see you have ported USB Serial drivers some time back.
I hope that you can help me clear my doubts.

In your case how did you use a USB Serial adapter and how did you start a
shell
on that device?
Do USB Serial adapters need special handling?

I used the umodem driver with the usb modem template.
Isn't umodem for host and device?

Linux host: sees a ttyACM0 and serial programs can open it.
RTEMS device: ttyU0 and cuaU0 devices are created. (But can't communicate.)
ttyU0.lock, ttyU0.init, cuaU0, ... files are also there.
What do these files do?

Github branch: https://github.com/drac98/rtems-libbsd/commits/usb-serial

If someone can help me out with any clue that'll be really helpful.

Best regards,
Husni.