Having a problem with an out of the box setup for STM32F4

Mr. Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Wed Aug 11 16:22:41 UTC 2021

On 2021-August-11, at 01:06, Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 10/08/2021 23:48, Mr. Andrei Chichak wrote:
>> From what I can figure out, there seems to be a problem with the out-of-the-box build of newly that the STM32F4 uses.
>> memset() goes for a few ARM instructions and then seems to intentionally branch into, what the map file indicates is, the middle of fflush().
>
> When does this happen, during the system start or later?

This is happening at startup.

bsp_start_hook_1 calls bsp_start_copy_sections and the required sections are copied properly. I can trace this code and watch the regions get copied when needed.

bsp_start_hook_1 then calls bsp_start_clear_bss (in start.h) which calls memset with a valid pointer and size, but within a few instructions my processor (STM32F407G-DISC1 board) has, according to the stack, gone through rtems_fatal, _Terminate, all the way down to items_putc, and the bus doesn’t get cleared.

Andrei