Using libbsd dhcpcd options

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Aug 19 10:16:49 UTC 2021

I'd like to use the DHCP option 17 (Root Path) to get a mount point for NFS from the DHCP server.

I'm starting dhcp with "rtems_dhcpcd_start(NULL)" so it's starting with only the argv array of {"dhcpcd", NULL }.

I *think* I need to start it with a customized rtems_dhcpcd_config that would maybe include a "--option" argument, and retrieve it in a run hook (I'm using the run hook already to wait for an IP address to be assigned).  The FreeBSD "--option" documentation is:

-o, --option "option"
Request the DHCP "option" variable for use in "/usr/local/libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks".

which would be an argv of {"dhcpcd", "--option", "17", NULL }.

Or is best practice to do something with "rtems-bsd-rc-conf-net.c"?

Peter
Peter Dufault