Remaining Waf Conversion Tickets for Community and GSoC Students

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Feb 8 05:04:21 UTC 2021

On 7/2/21 4:15 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> While potential GSoC students are becoming more familiar with RTEMS and the
> community,, I wanted to pass along a few tickets that we would appreciate having
> resolved.
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4124 <https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4124> - bsp
> tester needs to be switched to waf

The tester should not be effected. Do you mean bsp builder? If you do there is
an important architecture question we need to resolve.

The bsp builder configuration data in ...

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/tree/config

We how have a better configuration data set in ...

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/spec/build

The code to parse the build spec files into some internal Python data used by
the waf build is in this waf script ..

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/wscript

It is not available as module that can be reused. There is also code in the
rtems-central.git repo but that is out of reach for this purpose.

I do not know how to resolve this.

> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4145 <https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4145> - RSB:
> Update RTEMS Kernel Recipe to Use waf for RTEMS
>
> The two tickets above are the worst things left to finish for the conversion to
> waf.

The full list of known issues remaining with the conversion is:

> https://devel.rtems.org/query?status=!closed&keywords=~wafblocker
> <https://devel.rtems.org/query?status=!closed&keywords=~wafblocker>
>
> Most of these are Python code or documentation.

What about buildbot?