Completed Hello World task

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Feb 8 18:37:17 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 10:37 AM Sanskar Khandelwal <kdsanskar07 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello gedare,
>
> As you asked, I have sent you Hello world Patch with the subject name
> "Sanskar's Modified Hello World" please check it and let me know.
>
> I went through the project list and selected a few projects which I found
> interesting.
> 1. #4162 : SiFive RISC-V HiFive Unleashed BSP (Qemu)
> 2. #3028 :  Run-Time Tracing
> 3. #3302 : Build System conversion of BSP Config (.cfg) files to
> pkg-config (.pc) files
> 4. #3326 : Eclipse Target Communication Framework Support
>
> Also I particularly find tracing as a very interesting topic to work on,
> so I will also like to know what projects I can do in this direction.
>
> You may get more attention by sending a separate email specifically
related to the tracing topics. A lot of work has been done (Sebastian Huber
has done much of this work.) on that in the past 1-2 years, and I'm not
sure what is remaining to complete. This is related to both #2 and #4 on
your list.

Joel and Hesham might be able to advise more about #1.

I believe that #3 may be still of interest, although now it should focus
instead on how to integrate application builds with the newly created
waf-based build for RTEMS. This is also a separate topic for discussion,
that may need discussion with Chris and Sebastian.

If they don't respond here, you may like to create separate emails for each
topic so that you can get a chance to scope them out some more.

What's your view on these projects, I want to know what's the current scope