Requests Patches to be Applied to 4.10

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Feb 11 19:29:40 UTC 2021

Hi

Phillip Smith pinged me at the FSW via Slack about this set of patches he
proposed be added to the 4.10 branch.

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-April/025610.html

I assume this matches what their project requires. Given that 4.10 is the
last unirprocessor version and we appear to be recommending 5 over 4.11, I
suggest we consider applying the patches and discuss the possibility of
another release. [1]

I've previously suggested treating 4.10 as a long-term version since it is
the last uniprocessor version and a good baseline for behavior,
performance, and size.

[1] Yes I know release cutting is thankless unpaid work. First step is just
applying patches.

Thoughts?

--joel