Device Drivers Which Include mkdir("/dev")

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Feb 19 06:32:39 UTC 2021

On 18/02/2021 21:08, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>> Grrr.. I've looked again at the code and it is all Gaisler code doing something
>> like mkdir("/dev/leonXXX"). It really could fail. This should be a fatal error
>> and would seem to indicate that we need a grlib category of fatal BSP/driver
>> errors.
> Given the complexity of grlib, that would make some sense. Although
> maybe we can make it a little more generic... FATAL_THIRD_PARTY_DRIVER
> errors might be nicer on them, and can be reused

Maybe we should add a generic low overhead panic function. It should
uniquely identify the error source. For this we could use the return
address of a panic helper. For example:

RTEMS_NO_RETURN void rtems_game_over( void )

{

   rtems_fatal( RTEMS_GAME_OVER, (uintptr_t) __builtin_frame_address( 0 ) );

}

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER