Unchecked return value on third party code

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Feb 23 20:45:12 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, 2:36 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 24/2/21 3:29 am, Christian MAUDERER wrote:
> > Yes, I know. Upstream loops can be quite time consuming. I'm waiting
> since about
> > half a year that a FreeBSD patch for the i.MX6ULL SDHCI gets reviewed
> (after
> > someone here suggested it should go upstream). It's not a chip that is
> used in
> > FreeBSD so it's not a high priority.
>
> Please feel free to send me the details off list and lets see if we can
> find a
> way to engage with the FreeBSD community to get these moving

That's good if it is their code AND not introduced by the adaptation to
RTEMS.

Is DTC from FreeBSD?

The md4/5 code is owned by who?

I found where the cool editor in the shell came from so we can report to
that GitHub project.

Not intentionally being old and cranky but there are multiple upstreams and
I'm not sure if FreeBSD even is a large portion of it.

Oh.. did you think this was Coverity of libbsd? It is only non-network
portions of cpukit.