Standalone repository for libnetworking stack

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri Feb 26 18:47:25 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 10:49 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
> On 27/2/21 4:40 am, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
[...]
> > Do we?
>
> I think it helps but I am not sure what it would contain. Joel?

It could help to explain the license situation. The existing files either refer:
2/3/4-clause BSD licenses from original sources
2-clause BSD licenses for relicensed code from rtems relicensing effort
RTEMS license via  http://www.rtems.org/license/LICENSE.

Every file should have the license identified, but a LICENSE file can
be added with this kind of information about the licensing that
applies. Since we don't really want to encourage use in new products I
wouldn't put too much effort to document how people should use it. Let
them come and ask us. :)