RTEMS booting on PolarFire SoC FPGA

somesh deshmukh someshdeshmukh07 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:16:15 UTC 2021

Hi All,
I am trying to boot RTEMS on PolarFire SoC FPGA using rv64imafdc_medany BSP.
I am using a simple bare-metal bootloader application to copy the
hello.bin(I generated a hello.bin file from hello.exe from
testsuits/samples directory) at the address 0x80000000.
Attached is the disassembly of the example that I am using to boot the
RTEMS. I kept breakpoint at 0x80000032  and the breakpoint gets a hit.
After this instruction, the processor just hangs in some unknown state, and
the breakpoints after this don't get hit as the processor is in the unknown
state, the register values cant be read.

Does anyone have any idea how to debug this issue? Any leads will be
helpful.

[image: image.png]

Thanks and Regards,
Somesh