RTEMS booting on PolarFire SoC FPGA

somesh deshmukh someshdeshmukh07 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:30:01 UTC 2021

After testing multiple times I observed that the failing instruction is not
consistent but I am getting mcause as 2 every time, which represents
Illegal instruction.
Is it compulsory to use the device tree to boot RTEMS? I am trying to boot
it using a simple bootloader application that will copy the executable at
0x8000 and point the processor to that location to start execution. As the
primary goal is to execute the default hello world application on PolarFire
SoC Hardware.
Is BSP_START_COPY_FDT_FROM_U_BOOT macro in the start.S enabled by default?

Thanks and Regards,
Somesh