Doubt in importance of SCHEDULER_PRIORITY_APPEND

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 18 07:09:05 UTC 2021

On 18/01/2021 07:30, Richi Dubey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone please explain to me why we add 1 to the priority
> in SCHEDULER_PRIORITY_APPEND?
>
> /**
>  * @brief Returns the priority control with the append indicator bit set.
>  */
> #define SCHEDULER_PRIORITY_APPEND( priority )  \
>   ( ( priority ) | SCHEDULER_PRIORITY_APPEND_FLAG )
>
> What's the reason behind doing this and what do we achieve by this?
/**
  * @brief Returns true, if the item should be appended to its priority
group,
  * otherwise returns false and the item should be prepended to its priority
  * group.
  */
#define SCHEDULER_PRIORITY_IS_APPEND( priority ) \
   ( ( ( priority ) & SCHEDULER_PRIORITY_APPEND_FLAG ) != 0 )

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de