Add "CONSTRAINTS" section do directive documentation?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 20 10:48:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

I would like to add a "CONSTRAINTS" section to the directive
documentation (after or before the NOTES). For example in the NOTES of
rtems_timer_create()

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/timer/directives.html#rtems-timer-create

we have "This directive may cause the calling task to be preempted due
to an obtain and release of the object allocator mutex.".

I would like to move this to a CONSTRAINTS section and use a link in the
specification to indicate this. Other examples for constraints are:

* the allowed environment to call the directive (task context, interrupt
context, device driver initialization, etc.)

* dependency on a clock tick (directives with RTEMS_WAIT and a timeout)

Due to the links in the specification we can generate list like this
automatically:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/interrupt/operations.html#directives-allowed-from-an-isr

--
embedded brains GmbH