Adding Xilinx QEMU to RSB

Alex White alex.white at oarcorp.com
Fri Jul 30 03:06:13 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am trying to add Xilinx QEMU to rtems-source-builder for running RTEMS on MicroBlaze. It is located here: https://github.com/Xilinx/qemu/tree/branch/xilinx-v2020.2

I have successfully built it and installed it manually, but adding it as a "recipe" to RSB has given me issues.

Trying to copy from the existing QEMU configuration ended up giving me an error that the git submodules were not initialized. I then saw that building from git was not supported.

One thing I had success with was running the included scrips/archive-source.sh in Xilinx QEMU. That created a full tarball of everything needed to build. I was then able to refer to the local tarball in my Xilinx QEMU RSB configuration and successfully build. So it looks like an option would be hosting it somewhere and building the source tarball ourselves. This, however, seems like it might be overkill.

Is there a more elegant solution that anyone knows of? Maybe sb-set-builder could somehow initialize the git submodules at build time instead?

Thanks,

Alex White