Error when trying to build llvm

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jul 30 13:24:13 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 12:46 AM Ida Delphine <idadelm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have been trying to build llvm using the command
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/6 6/rtems-llvm
> Here's the error report
> https://pastebin.com/vAXgwXMW

It would have been helpful to have put the error lines in the email
and a link to the full log.

-- Could NOT find libedit (missing: libedit_INCLUDE_DIRS libedit_LIBRARIES)
-- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146
(message):
Could NOT find SWIG (missing: SWIG_EXECUTABLE SWIG_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindSWIG.cmake:64
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
tools/lldb/scripts/CMakeLists.txt:18 (find_package)

> Please what am I missing?

Based on google results and other people having the same issue, you may not
have swig installed. It is something to install with npm from what I
see. Other people
have it but need to set some variables to let cmake know where it is.

Hopefully installing it will help. Chris should comment on this from
an RSB perspective.

--joel