CPU Context Switch Confusion

gerberhe11 at gmail.com gerberhe11 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:06:04 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am working on re-implementing support for the uC5282 board in Qemu for use
with RTEMS. I think I am getting close, but am running into some debugging
issues in regards to context switching. I am using the RTEMS 'hello'
application for uC5282 to work on and debug my modifications. Currently, at
some point during execution, the context of RTEMS goes to the idle thread
instead of the init thread. I am struggling somewhat with finding a way to
debug this context switch, and would really appreciate any advice or help if
anyone may have some to give! I can also explain more thoroughly what is
happening, along with providing debugging info, if anyone would like to help
or has any ideas!

Thanks so much,

Harrison Gerber

 <mailto:gerberhe11 at gmail.com> gerberhe11 at gmail.com