Announcement: Legacy libnetworking will be removed from RTEMS and will be placed in a separate repository

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 4 23:09:17 UTC 2021

On 5/3/21 1:26 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Eventually the NFSv2 client will need to be in the legacy stack
> package. But until the port of the FreeBSD NFSv4 client is available
> in libbsd, the existing NFSv2 client has to be used for both stacks.

The NFSv2 (and RPC?) code can be moved from rtems.git to the net-legacy repo.
The libbsd stack contains a separate copy that is built when libbsd is built.

I found the NFSv4 port for libbsd cannot coexist in the same build of libbsd as
the NFSv2 code. The NFSv4 code is kernel based and has a kernel RPC stack and
the NFSv2 code has a user land RPC stack. The FreeBSD user and kernel RPC stacks
clashed when I last tried. I will check this again once I have wrapped up the
NFSv4 port to see if include magic can help but it is a low priority given NFSv4
has options to specify the NFS version to be used.