#4328: New APIs added to POSIX Standard (2021)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sun Mar 21 17:38:24 UTC 2021

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 2:28 AM Matthew Joyce <mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> Awesome, thanks!  I see how that works now...I'll give it a thorough
> look tomorrow and will update the spreadsheet accordingly. I'll pipe
> back up when I have a more accurate look of what's currently there.

Knowing what doesn't have to be done is the first step. (rtems, newlib, and
libbsd)

I'd be prone to look for things that are easy to add first.

Some may not be implementable on RTEMS due to only supporting a
single process and no virtual memory. If you have doubts on whether it
is possible to support a specific method, speak up and let's try to decide.

Then find upstream places for an implementation where possible. I suspect
all the new "clock" methods will require discussion on an implementation
pattern but those must strictly be added to rtems/cpukit with tests and
documentation. At least I can throw you that much. :)