[Beagle BSP] How to run all tests on a Beaglebone Black in an automated way

Christian Mauderer oss at c-mauderer.de
Sun Mar 28 09:04:18 UTC 2021

On 28/03/2021 03:16, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 28/3/21 6:16 am, Ahamed Husni wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I ran the hello program on the BBB using a bootable SD card. The SD card has two
>> partitions.
>>
>>   1. BOOT - primary, bootable, FAT32
>>   2. ROOT - primary, ext4
>>
>> The BOOT partition has the following files.
>>
>>   1. uEnv.txt
>>   2. rtems-app.img
>>   3. Device Tree Blob (am335x-boneblack.dtb)
>>
>> I want to run all the tests on the BBB. Is there any other way to do this?
>>
>>      You have to get the BBB to fetch exes from a ftftp server (provided inside
>>      rtems-test) and provide some automated power control to the board.
>>      - Dr. Joel (in Discord)
>>

> Please have a look at ..
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/testing/configuration.html
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/testing/tftp.html
>
> Chris

Like Chris pointed out, the testing documentation is a good start point
if you want to automate running tests.

Beneath using TFTP for the Beagle you could also use a JTAG debugger to
load the application if you have one. As far as I know, the tester is
quite flexible regarding how to load an application.

If your JTAG debugger has an GDB interface, you could use about the
following commands for beagle (you have to adapt "monitor reset" to
whatever causes a reset with your JTAG hardware):

define reset
	echo -- Reset target and wait for U-Boot to start kernel.\n
	monitor reset
	# RTEMS starts at this address.
	tbreak *0x80000000
	# Linux starts here.
	tbreak *0x82000000
	continue

	echo -- Disable watchdog.\n
	set *(uint32_t*)0x44e35048=0xAAAA
	while (*(uint32_t*)0x44e35034 != 0)
	end
	set *(uint32_t*)0x44e35048=0x5555
	while (*(uint32_t*)0x44e35034 != 0)
	end

	echo -- Overwrite kernel with application to debug.\n
	load
end