libbsd: Backport fd_set size fixes for racoon and ping6 to 5

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 29 14:47:05 UTC 2021

Hello Gedare,

Am 29.03.21 um 16:40 schrieb Gedare Bloom:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 1:31 AM Christian MAUDERER
> <christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Gedare,
>>
>> Am 26.03.21 um 16:03 schrieb Gedare Bloom:
>>> seems fine to me.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I just wanted to push the patches and noted that there haven't been any
>> changes to the 5 branch of libbsd since the release. But there have been
>> some fixes on the 5-freebsd-12 branch. Did I miss something and the 5
>> branch shouldn't be updated with fixes? Or have the fixes just not been
>> applied to 5?
>>
> I don't use libbsd enough to remember what is the agreed-upon protocol
> for its branches. I recall there is some confusing parts about how
> some branches track freebsd's head, while others track some freebsd
> branches. I guess, when we release a version of rtems, we need to
> freeze on a commit/point of freebsd?

Basically there is the master (or 5) branch which tracks FreeBSD master
and the *-freebsd-12 branch which tracks the FreeBSD stable release. I
would suggest everyone who want's to use libbsd in a productive
environment to use the *-freebsd-12.

But I'm not sure what our post-release-policy for the branches is. From
the current commits on the branches it seems to be: Don't touch 5 and
only fix stuff on 5-freebsd-12. But I'm still not sure.

Best regards

Christian

email: christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
phone: +49-89-18 94 741 - 18