[libbsd] How to install machine header files?

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Wed Mar 31 19:37:42 UTC 2021

Hello,

I stumbled upon some include path problems in libbsd while looking at Chris' ptpd port and I am not sure what is the recommended way to solve it.
It starts with "freebsd/sys/sys/bus.h" including "machine/_bus.h".
Currently, this will be the one from within "rtemsbd" which will redirect to "rtemsbsd/include/machine/bus.h" which is amd64 specific.
For the pc686 BSP this will create a compile error for applications which include "<sys/bus.h>".

I tried to solve it by removing the "_bus.h" in rtemsbsd and installing the correct one from "freebsd/sys/i386/include/machine/_bus.h", but I am not sure how to tell waf to install the file.
Is there a way to add a single architecture specific header to the install headers?
I could add a corresponding path and wildcard to the "header-paths" in libbsd.py, but I am not sure if this is the right place.

Best regards,

    Jan

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute for Software Technology | Software for Space Systems and Interactive Visualization | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany