Writing code that takes time to run

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Thu May 20 15:04:59 UTC 2021

Hi Richi,

You can checkout the T_busy functions here: https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/include/rtems/test.h#n2390
uint_fast32_t T_get_one_clock_tick_busy(void) gives you the busy count for one tick.

You can then calculate the number of cycles you need to wait for you desired certain time and pass it to: void T_busy(uint_fast32_t)
This should give you comparably accurate results over different platforms.

Best regards,

    Jan