Building llvm toolchain for RTEMS

Hesham Almatary hesham.almatary at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 26 10:19:40 UTC 2021

Hello Jan,

Unlike GCC, LLVM/Clang only gives you one toolchain for all backend
architectures (depending on how you configured it). You'll also need
to tell LLVM/Clang where to find the sysroot to pick newlib and
builtins headers/libs. GCC does that automatically for you, but
LLVM/Clang does not. You can either point LLVM/Clang to the
GCC-installed sysroot/multilib, or to manually/separately build newlib
(libc) and compiler-rt (which corresponds to libgcc) on your own.

I have only tested building RTEMS with LLVM/Clang on RISC-V platforms,
but I build my own LLVM/Clang, newlib, compiler-rt toolchain/sysroot,
not from RSB.