Dies libbsd DHCP provide a private network address?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Sep 8 17:04:43 UTC 2021

I've been looking into this but I don't see anywhere where a link-level private address might be assigned.  At one of my clients the RTEMS client (client overload!, my client, DHCP client) gets a link-level private address e.g. 169.254.208.184.  They insist that "libbsd" must be providing this as a fall-back address.  It happens infrequently.

Does the libbsd DHCP client have fall back to provide a private address, e.g. "169.254.208.184"?

I did some searching in "libbsd" but didn't find it.

Peter
Peter Dufault