Development request

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Sep 25 22:53:07 UTC 2021

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021, 5:25 PM Mohamed Atef <mohamedatef1698 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello there,
> We are 6 students from Egypt and now We are in our last year and We need to
> build a project as a graduation project.
> And We are interested in the area of runtime systems, operating systems and
> compilers.
> We are going to work 40-60 hrs a week
> Can We help with some tools you need as a graduation project given that We
> have a professor to mentor us.

Is this computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or
some mix? I ask to understand what mix of hardware and software is expected.

Do you have some area you all and your professor are interested in?

Gedare should have an opinion on this from an academic view.

I am unsure of the scope and time, but an IoT software stack for RTEMS
might be interesting. Not writing the components, porting existing ones
with a demo IoT application/device.

This could even be done so the same application is hosted on different
stacks/services (eg Amazon, Google, self hosted, etc)

Do not take that as a starting order. Talk to your professor. We are happy
to have discussions with them to size the project.

As to a target, I'd be careful to stick to something with good RTEMS
support like a Zynq which lets you work on Qemu also

If not,