STM32H7 BSP tree refactoring proposal.

Karel Gardas karel at functional.vision
Tue Apr 12 12:09:00 UTC 2022

Hello Sebastian,

On 4/12/22 08:58, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> I already did proposed changes in my branch on github.com:
>> https://github.com/karelfv/rtems/tree/stm32h7-boards-refactoring
>>
>> All three supported BSPs compile with defaults and 7b3i-dk even run on
>> my board. Can't test others due to missing hardware.
>>

>> Please review the directory structure and let me know what do you
>> think about it?
>>
>> No, the tree is not ready for merge yet as this is done in one big
>> commit. If you agree with the structure I'll clean it up and do more
>> fine grained commits for merge preparation.
>
> It looks good, thanks.

I've prepared merge branch for you. It is
https://github.com/karelfv/rtems/tree/stm32h7-boards-refactoring-for-merge

I've just created boards directories, copy files around. Deleted old
files and otherwise nucleo and stm32h7 bsps should be same like in HEAD
(before h7b3i-dk bsp was merged!). I've updated system_h7xx file for
h7b3i-dk bsp, but otherwise it should be also same as in HEAD. Of course
#ifdefs are cleanup from system files between the boards so h7b3i-dk
board changes are not presented in neither nucleo nor stm32h7 bsps.
Files in nucleo nad stm32h7 boards dirs are same for now.

Nucleo-h743zi bsp may be cleanup and updated even further, but I'm not
attempting that till I have real hardware for test here...

Thanks!
Karel