Last call for Mentors

Pavel Pisa pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Fri Apr 22 21:21:29 UTC 2022

Hello Gedare,

On Wednesday 20 of April 2022 00:29:57 Gedare Bloom wrote:
> If you're interested in potentially mentoring/co-mentoring in GSOC,
> please let me/Joel/Chris know so you can be invited. We're now
> ranking/selecting proposed projects and need to match mentors.

I have offered mentoring to NuttX (which is under Apache foundation
umbrella) this year but it seems that there is no proposal
connected to NuttX at the end.

As for the RTEMS, I would be happy if the there are valuable
contributions. I can offer some help in CAN area and Cortex-R5
for QEMU.

So if you want then invite me as a (co-)mentor
and I help with proposals rating discussion.
I cannot promise to be main mentor because we are
far behind deadline with our ESA project and other
critical stuff. But even if not part of the official
GSoC, I would be happy to provide some opinion
and feedback. But send me notice/CC/FWD when my
reply could be usesfull. I am not capable to read
all RTEMS devel messages.

As for the CAN, driver for CTU CAN FD IP core,
we are hopefully on the way to Linux mainline
as a 5.19 material. So if all goes well it can
be part of mainline around October

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/log/?qt=grep&q=CTU+CAN+FD

But maintainers requests and keeping this and other
projects going would take me a lot of time as well.

In the pysimCoder area https://github.com/robertobucher/pysimCoder ,
we have extended it that blocks parameters can be tuned
through https://github.com/silicon-heaven protocol
at runtime. So even that it is on one side children
toy when compared to Matlab/Simulink, it has nice
features. It targets Linux, NuttX ad some bare metals.
Add RTEMS would be easy as well.

I have updated QtRvSim today so even Windows binaries
are current. We still do not have converted exceptions
model but initial steps to name CSR registers
according to RISC-V notations has been done.
I have studied RISC-V exception model to describe
it to studnets during previous week lecture

  https://cw.fel.cvut.cz/wiki/courses/b35apo/en/lectures/09/start

so I should already know enough to try to write it
to the simulator...

Best wishes,

                Pavel

--
                Pavel Pisa
    phone:      +420 603531357
    e-mail:     pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
    Department of Control Engineering FEE CVUT
    Karlovo namesti 13, 121 35, Prague 2
    university: http://control.fel.cvut.cz/
    personal:   http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa
    projects:   https://www.openhub.net/accounts/ppisa
    CAN related:http://canbus.pages.fel.cvut.cz/
    Open Technologies Research Education and Exchange Services
    https://gitlab.fel.cvut.cz/otrees/org/-/wikis/home