GCC version for RTEMS 6?

Karel Gardas karel at functional.vision
Thu Apr 28 08:43:59 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'd go with 12 if only a bit possible. Any major compiler change during
the minor RTEMS release would not look good IMHO. It's way better to do
major RTEMS version bump together with major compiler version bump and
stick to that during the RTEMS release live cycle. That's my gut feeling
about that.

Now, hard evidence. Do we have any table comparing test case results on
all the (tier 1? /2?) platforms between GCC 10 and 12? That would be
great to have that to see if there is any major regression in 12 and to
possibly drive the decision based on hard facts.

Thanks!
Karel