Adding third-party source with Apache-2.0 license

oss at c-mauderer.de oss at c-mauderer.de
Sun Aug 7 12:20:50 UTC 2022

Hello Duc,

Am 07.08.22 um 13:06 schrieb Duc Doan:
> Dear all,
>
> I am working on a project that needs to include ST's STM32F4 HAL into
> RTEMS, specifically release v1.27.1 at:
> https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4. However, the CMSIS
> files in this repository have Apache-2.0 license. What do you think
> about this? Should I add them to RTEMS, or is there anything I need to
> do to include these sources?

Thanks for bringing up this issue. I think one important point is that
all newer ARM CMSIS files are Apache 2.0:

   https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5

So that affects all ARM cores and not only STM32. From my point of view,
we sooner or later have to accept this license if we don't want to
maintain our own fork of ARM CMSIS.

Best regards

Christian