rtems-libbsd on x86_64

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Aug 18 17:09:19 UTC 2022

Hi

I took a shot at compiling libbsd for x86_64. First issue is that freebsd
calls this amd64 so the reebsd/sys/@ARCH@/include is looking for the wrong
architecture name. Somehow the waf needs to map x86_64 to amd64.

I manually copied in_cksum.h into place and that left it failing to compile
with this:

[ 257/2034] Compiling freebsd/crypto/openssl/crypto/aes/aes_core.c
../../freebsd/sbin/sysctl/sysctl.c:67:10: fatal error: sys/efi.h: No such
file or directory
   67 | #include <sys/efi.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Which points to this code:

#ifdef __amd64__
#include <sys/efi.h>
#include <machine/metadata.h>
#endif

There are other __amd64__ ifdefs in this file. Should I just disable these
with ifdef rtems? Or should we pull the thread? I'm prone to try to disable
the offending code fragments.

Comments and suggestions?

Thanks.

--joel