Add Formal Verification chapter v2

Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie
Mon Dec 19 13:13:31 UTC 2022

Hi Sebastian,
 I will do that - so I expect to have two new separate patch sets.
I have already checked a lot of it for license/copyright stuff, but I'll double-check this.

The first will add a `formal` folder to rtems-central, as  you specified.
The second will add a revised version of the FV chapter to the software engineering manual,
as suggested by Gedare.

Best regards,
  Andrew

On 25/11/2022, 07:48, "Sebastian Huber" <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:

On 16/11/2022 17:44, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I guess I was overly optimistic last night. The note on the front
> matter should be resolved before we push the full documentation. I
> guess it's a bit of chicken-and-egg but the documentation should be
> pushed concurrent with the software that it documents. So, when there
> is a `formal` folder in `rtems-central` then it makes sense to push
> this documentation. I think the documentation is valuable, but I'm not
> sure how relevant it is without the associated tooling?

Since rtems-central is currently a bit isolated, we could start with the
integration of the "formal" directory.

Andrew, please check that every file in "formal" has a clear copyright
and license statement (SPDX identifiers would be great). If you used
third-party code, then there should be one commit which adds this
third-party code unmodified with a source of origin in the commit message.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München