[gcc] Enable TLS support for RTEMS in libstdc++

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jun 9 06:16:08 UTC 2022

On 08/06/2022 16:18, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> On 08/06/2022 16:11, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 8:47 AM Sebastian Huber
>> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>> <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 08/06/2022 15:39, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>      > Is TLS actually supported on all targets except MIPS?
>>
>>     I only added MIPS since this target has a fundamental issue with the
>>     TLS
>>     support.
>>
>>     Which target would you also exclude?
>>

>> About half of them.
>
> It seems to be only bfin, lm32, moxie, or1k, and v850. Are these targets
> still in use? Do we have a maintainer for these targets?

How do we want to proceed here? Add them to the exclude list in the GCC
configuration, or encourage current or future users of these targets to
add the TLS support so that they can use state of the art C++ support?
The initial TLS support for RTEMS was added in 2013, so this is not
really brand new technology.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER