Problem with STM32 HAL license

Duc Doan dtbpkmte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:18:57 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I am working on my GSoC project about adding features to the STM32F4 BSP. I
am planning to include STM32 HAL from STMicroelectronics (which can be
found here:
https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/tree/master/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver)
into RTEMS. However, the license text in each code file might be unclear:
"This software is licensed under terms that can be found in the LICENSE
file in the root directory of this software component. If no LICENSE file
comes with this software, it is provided AS-IS", especially the part about
a LICENSE file "in the root directory". The root directory is likely the
STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver folder that I have included the direct link above. I
would like to ask if I need to modify (adding text clarification in the
license text for each file) the files, or should I do something else to be
safe?

Best,

Duc Doan