Update to GCC 12 for development branch (RTEMS 6)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 10 09:26:43 UTC 2022

On 10/05/2022 10:28, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 10/5/2022 1:13 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hello Karel,
>>
>> On 09/05/2022 17:09, Karel Gardas wrote:
>>> I'm just curious is there any reason to use GCC from git (post release
>>> version) and not vanilla 12.1 release tarball from gcc.gnu.org?
>> this makes it easier to pick up a GCC 12 release branch which includes fixes
>> relevant to RTEMS users.
> An area this makes complicated for RTEMS users is how to raise bug reports
> against gcc. The gcc bug form lists versions so what do we use?

You can just use the version from the --version output of GCC. If you
really care about the bug report, then you can also use the RSB commit
to get the exact GCC commit. If it is a regression, then you can do a
git bisect to improve the quality of the bug report.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de