Is it possible to use cFS without a file system?

Frank Kühndel frank.kuehndel at embedded-brains.de
Thu Nov 24 10:08:44 UTC 2022

Hello,

the core Flight System (cFS) is a software platform created by NASA
(https://cfs.gsfc.nasa.gov/). It provides essential onboard services for
space missions.

I would like to use cFS on top of an RTEMS qualified for space by ESA
(https://rtems-qual.io.esa.int/). Yet, this qualified RTEMS has no file
system. cFS can be configured to be used without IP-networking and with
static loader only but I have not found any configuration to disable the
file system.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to use cFS without a file system
or can give advice on using cFS without file system?

Of course without file system all applications accessing files will not
work. Yet, would at least the core services (such as Executive Service
(ES), Software Bus Service (SB), Event Service (EVS), Table Service
(TBL), and Time Service (TIME)) be functioning?

Greetings and Thanks
Frank

--
embedded brains GmbH