Visibility of RISCV_BOOT_HARTID

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Oct 12 14:36:34 UTC 2022

Hi

I was looking at the bsp default settings for sparc/leon3 to show someone
and noticed this which is out of place.

# boot hartid (processor number) of risc-v cpu (default 0)
RISCV_BOOT_HARTID = 0

I looked around and see it is an architecture specific ini setting but
placed in a directory with architecture independent settings. We don't
appear to have any other examples of a cpukit option that is architecture
specific. So it is lumped in with all the architecture independent ini
settings.

We had long discussions about presenting these options with better names,
documentation, etc as part of the waf transition. Seems unfortunate to have
this show up in all configurations.

Any thoughts on how to clean this up?

Thanks.

--joel