[libbsd 00/22] Remove FreeBSD file descriptors and avoid VFS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Oct 20 08:01:24 UTC 2022

On 29/08/2022 10:27, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> On 25/07/2022 08:12, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> I have a target with only 8MiB of RAM (for code and data). So, this
>>> patch set is not just a micro optimization.
>>
>> This pending patch set is currently a blocker for me. I would like to
>> work on the NTP daemon integration and an update of the libbsd master
>> branch to a more recent FreeBSD version. This patch set just restores
>> what worked well for several years.
>
> did you have time to review this patch set in the meantime? The NTP
> client no longer crashes with this patch set.

This patch set is now pending for about four months. From my point of
view it is a straight forward fix of some severe issues which prevent
the use of libbsd on lower end targets. It is not really good if our
internal libbsd branches diverge too much from the RTEMS mainline.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de