Increase Frequency of Updates of RTEMS GitHub Tools Mirroring

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Oct 25 17:46:44 UTC 2022

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 2:41 AM Sebastian Huber <

> On 24/10/2022 21:27, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > I'm not sure how often the GNU tools mirrors are updated for RTEMS
> > at GitHub but it would be appreciated if the frequency could be
> increased.
> > It seems to add a day to any tool update that requires using a git hash
> > since
> > the mirroring takes a while after the commit.
>
> Currently, it is updated once per day. What would be your desired update
> interval?

Maybe 3 times a day but one which hits between noon and 2pm Central would
help a lot. Right now, it is at midnight here which always forces an RSB
update
to happen a day after a patch is committed.

> In general, our current approach is quite a hack. We should do things
> more event driven. For example, if you want to update the RSB, then you
> create a pull request. This pull request starts a CI script which
> updates the mirrors and builds the RSB on a selected set of platforms.
> If everything is all right, the pull request can be merged.

Just getting to the point where a pull request triggered an update would
be useful. Assuming a pull request with no content would be ok.

--joel