rtems-tester for raspberry pi 4B

Noor Aman nooraman5718 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 07:52:59 UTC 2022

Hey,
Now that I have built a BSP, I wanted to run the rtems-tester for Raspberry
Pi. But I'm confused on what to do now. The raspberry pi 2 bsp required
u-boot in order to run the test which is understandable as rpi2 didnt had
support for PXE boot, but the raspberry pi 4b has support for tftp boot but
I'm unable to use it. Any ideas about how to do that? I would still like to
know how u-boot was used for the earlier raspberry pi.

One thing more, once you said

> Current Raspberry Pi BSPs have problem with the firmware that we have not
> resolved. Once we are past a certain commit of the Raspberry Pi firmware,
> RTEMS will not boot. This has prevented me from booting RTEMS on the
> Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W (Quad core). I know your project is for the Pi 4, but
> it would be great if we could finally figure that out.

because of this I was using old firmwares (1.20200601), but after I
finished building BSP, I thought of booting from USB but newer firmware was
required. So I tried the firmware-1.20220830 (latest) and it just worked. I
tried some more releases and everything worked just fine. I'm just
wondering what caused things to change.

Thanks,
Noor