[rtems-source-builder commit] sb/setbuilder: Correctly create build set tar files

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Thu Sep 29 07:13:21 UTC 2022

Am 29.09.22 um 08:56 schrieb Chris Johns:
> On 29/9/2022 4:55 pm, Christian MAUDERER wrote:

>>> Thanks, I will take a look.
>>>

>> I just checked it: There is the same behavior for devel/dtc (which is much
>> faster to build). Without the patch an archive is created. With the patch it
>> doesn't create one.
>
> Awesome, that will help.

In case of dtc, it seems to not work because dtc is in

   devel/dtc-1.6.1-1.cfg

which ends in a ".cfg" and not in a ".bset".

The bset_tar(...) function is only called if the have_staging is set here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/setbuilder.py?id=161b7f108c3daa0f71ac289ba048a68b730d422c#n623

That variable seems to be only set to True here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/setbuilder.py?id=161b7f108c3daa0f71ac289ba048a68b730d422c#n489

And that statement is in a

   if configs[s].endswith('.bset')

Does that mean that only bsets can be packed? I think having a tarball
for tools like qemu or dtc could be quite useful too.

PS: Not sure yet why microblaze is affected too. That maybe is another case.

Best regards

Christian
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian MAUDERER