Change build specification files from YAML to JSON?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 25 10:32:26 UTC 2023

On 25.04.23 12:10, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On 4/25/23 11:03, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> Let me ask for clarification. Does this yaml -> json transition
>>> include (or not) files in RTEMS spec directory, e.g. files here:
>>>
>>> https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/spec
>>
>> It would affect all YAML files in this directory and no other files.
>
> Oh. Let me ask, what is your future plan with the spec files?
> Considering you would like to move them to JSON, would you also like to
> provide some DSL + compiler which would generates those? Or would you
> just like to keep JSON and have developers editing those?

I would keep the JSON and have developer editing those.

An alternative to changing the format could be to use the CSafeLoader of
the system yaml module if it is available. It is not as fast as the JSON
loader, but acceptable (0.65s to 0.2s on my machine for loading the items).

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de