RSB repo commits need approval

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Apr 27 06:13:48 UTC 2023

Hello Chris,

what is your (or the RTEMS Project in general) plan to maintain the
tools and ensure that we can use up to date versions of Newlib, GCC,
Binutils, and GDB? This involves building the latest versions, reviewing
build issues, reporting bugs, writing patches, etc. Currently, I do the
majority of this work. I do this occasionally. This way, we do not offer
a quality of service from an RTEMS Project point of view.

We need more automation in these continuous activities. Christian
proposed to use GitHub actions some time ago which can be used for pull
requests:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2023-January/074099.html

GitHub actions/workflows are maintained by text files in the repository:

https://github.com/embedded-brains/rtems-source-builder/blob/ci/.github/workflows/toolchain.yml

They can be improved by everyone and not just an administrator. Why
don't we use a Git pull request workflow with CI pipelines in the RTEMS
Project?

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER